illegal immigrints in the UK.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have not seen it, I can come to the conclusion it is not true. That's all I'm going to say.

People don't get sued for typing up false articles. Tabloids remember? And...

www.theonion.com - those guys aren't getting sued. :)

mini_2003, thanks for trying, but we are discussing something a little different.

Giancarlo, if someone typed an article on you and they claimed you said "I hate all blacks!" (which obviously isnt true), and it caused you trouble, you could sue them up the ass.

Now, I'm going to retire to my bed. I will pick this up tomarrow (if need be)

Amorssang said:
Giancarlo, if someone typed an article on you and they claimed you said "I hate all blacks!" (which obviously isnt true), and it caused you trouble, you could sue them.

Not quite. If it was libel towards me, yes I could. But tabloids are not facing law suits.

Amorssang, there is a think called freedom of speech :p

That would not be considered libel btw. Saying "I hate all blacks" is not libel.

Amorssang, the only charge that would be against you would be the commotion you caused. The goverment can't sue you for the word "bomb" itself. Now, if you yelled I'm going to bomb new york, and we'ren't telling it as a joke on your street, that's a different story. But you can say bomb in your house all day long, or even on the street, as long as no one is annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom