New pope... what does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
Well they can say their opinions but once they make them law that's violating civil rights.

If any law is passed it will not matter one bit. People will still have the freedom to express themselves. It is a simple matter of freedom of speech. If you don't like it then I'm sorry you'll just have to deal with it.

On a side note. You continue to come accross as if your opinion is the only one that matters around here. When you post something, you're pissed off when people don't go along with your way of thinking and you beat them up with it. This is a computer forum not a gay rights forum. You have not posted any technical help since I've been here. You goad people in to a debate then just lose it when they don't agree with you. You get in to major blow outs about BS and have been warned several times about your behaviour.
So in light of that having been said several times, I am asking you to leave computer forums of your own free will.

This thread has gone on too long and wander way off the subject of the Pope. Thread locked by setishock @0130 04/25/2005

I'm not against freedom of speech. I'm against tyranny. That's all.

I criticize people (this is about civil rights, not just gay rights. It sets a precedent).

I haven't posted any technical help? Yes I have.. Also you cannot ask me to leave. That's up to David, only.

Giancarlo, I don't care what you say.. I WOULD mind if my parents were gay and I was being made fun of at school. I'm not in any way saying gay couples CAN'T raise a child. I'm saying that I will not tolerate it. We're supposed to give everyone a fair chance at life, so when these kids go into school, and will DEFINATELY be made fun of, that is not fair to them. It will most likely ruin their self-confidence. Marrige is just fine with me, and I support it, but not giving a child a choice to choose, and automatically tageting him for unfair school treatment is not right. I'm sorry, but this is something I will not support.

Well to each his own. But I think we are totally capable of doing it, no matter what you say. Give everyone a fair chance at life? Ya, awesome. What about my fair chance at life?

Hey, I'm not blaming your choice, I'm blaming the society. But I'd rather see the couple get less of a fair chance then the child. It's just the way I think. Read my post above for my reasons.

Wait... choice? What choice? Just to clarify here. I've heard of plenty gay couples raising children just fine. Including some people I know on friendship basis.

The issue...

I can ask you to leave and not ask David if I think you need to go.
And I can and have put a stop to this thread. Do not open another thread about this subject for 24hrs.

By choice I mean the choice to adopt a child, not a choice to be gay.. That's not a choice.

Anyways, I still will not tolerate risking this child's emotional life just so that the couple can adopt a child. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. The stress that might be put on the child is too much, I myself would not be able to handle it properly.

The society is to be blamed, NOT you. They are the ones who won't accept the image. But until they do, i cannot support this adoption proccess. The child has more to lose.

BTW, Congrats on the 4000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom