New pope... what does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakedog said:
I'm against his decision on that.... but I am however, against gay couples adopting children.

completley agree with you rakedog, gay couples should not be allowed to adopt...

personally i dont agree with gay marridge, but im not really that bothered about that, but there is no way that they should be allowed to adopt children......

DISCLAIMER --> THIS IS MY OPINION, I KNOW THIS FORUM IS AGAINST OPINIONS, BUT I WANTED TO EXPRESS MY OPINION ON THIS AS IT IS SOMETHING THAT I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT... DONT FLAME ME FOR SAYING THIS.

Gay couples are some how not capable of raising children? How is that? Are gay people inept to raise children? You feel strongly about limiting our rights as human beings. We have as much of a right to raise children as you do.

Are gay people inept to raise children

yes they are, it is not natural to have two guys or two women raising a baby. its just not natural and i can guarantee the kid would get a hard time at school. he would be bullied so much and would have a really hard life.

there is no way that gays should be allowed to adopt kids. thats just what i think about this subject.

mark thorpe said:
yes they are, it is not natural to have two guys or two women raising a baby. its just not natural and i can guarantee the kid would get a hard time at school. he would be bullied so much and would have a really hard life.

there is no way that gays should be allowed to adopt kids. thats just what i think about this subject.

It is not natural this, it is not natural that.. next thing I know you will be quoting the bible. I'm sorry but I know several gay couples who are raising kids, and the kids are perfectly fine. And the bullying reason is not adequate. In schools today there are different modes of promoting tolerance.

There is no way? Undemocratic. Hitleristic I'll even say. Yes that is harsh, but that's my viewpoint. You have no right to cut down the rights of others.

Calm down, they're not cutting down their rights. They're just expressing their opinions, just like you.

Look, this effects me. These are my civil rights that are being discussed here. People are actually discussing what rights we should get or not.

They are discussing what they think. If Rakedog and mark think that homosexuals shouldn't be able to adopt, that's thir opinion. They don't have the authority to say that that is the law, but they have the right to say what they think. If you don't like their opinion, then bring it up with them through IM's or PM's.

Yikes, I think I'll just avoid that topic... but just to voice my opinion, I think gays should be able to adopt children and get married just like straights (and I'm not gay).

Benedetto XVI will likely tie up PJP II's papacy and do little damage and not create too many waves. If the Vatican wanted something lasting, they probably would've elected a younger pope. But the lesson of Pope John XXIII always nags: they wanted him to have a short reign, but he ended up starting Vatican II (and he did have a short reign to top it off). So I guess who really knows? Benedetto XVI could live into his 90s. Either way, he's not a progressive, and I don't see priests getting married or women behind the pulpit anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom