Which OS is the best

I like windows, it's the only one i have ever used (probally y i like it best). the over night i was watching the news and they were interviewing some computer people and asked them that same question and they said that right now windows is the best just because thats what everybody has "grown up" with, but the next generation will be using linux a lot more.

There is no "best" OS out in the market. Never has, never will. The "best" OS, like Setishock said, will be the one that's the most useful to you.

If that's the case, then Windows it is. I never used other OS before since Windows dominate the market despite having to purchase licenses. Majority of home, school, and workplace PCs run on Windows and that's what I end up using all the time.

Yes, Windows XP is stable and fast compared to previous versions of Windows, but that's as far as it goes. Windows XP is not as secure and stable as Mac OS X or even UNIX. You can look at all the news about the newest virus plaguing the Windows environment and all the other viruses that have recently brought systems down. Funny thing is, none of these viruses plague the Macintosh platform. If Macintosh computers do somehow get the viruses, they are still unaffected because the coding is specific to Microsoft software.

For stability, UNIX is regarded as being the most stable operating system, even though it was developed way back. Over the years many flavors of UNIX have came into place and did well. Some are more stable than others, such as FreeBSD. Eventually, Apple created an OS that has the stability and compatibility of UNIX, but adds the Macintosh trademark. Put the old Mac OS and combine it with UNIX and you have Mac OS X. I know all you Mac lovers would appreciate this.

well. i like windows because it has the most compatable software. If linux had the most, then i would go with linux.

Well TRD thats because WINDOWS is the main operating system being used. If your making a virus, you want to target he most people, not a minority of people (not sure if thats what you meant but I did not get that out of what you said).

I like Windows for playing games and stuff and work, but I just love using Mac OS for graphics work and stuffs.

This is vile and stupid... Windows is the BEST for gaming because it is really the ONLY one for gaming, dealing with Linux emulators is a pain is the ass. Now, as far as control and power, Linux has no rival. If you know how to use it, and you understand it, then you will quickly realize that you can EDIT the OS ITSELF!! I don't see Microsoft giving out their source code for you to edit and make better, DO YOU??? Linux is better as far as an OS is concerned, but as far as features and user ability goes, noobs and gamers stick to Windows because they don't know better or are forced too (aka me with gaming)

I've never really used a different system than Windows. I've used Mac OS 9 and X and I don't like either very much. Their ok for making movies and what not but for anything else their just crap. I've never used Linux but want to. Nah Windows is the best OS for me.

This is a hard case to argue... As some people said there is no "BEST" OS. However, I would say most of the windows NT series(NT, 2000, XP, and future ones)

I have tried a few other OS's; Linux, Solaris, Macs, BeOS... Many can be more stable and sometimes faster than windows systems, but they all have one major fault... Compatability. EVERYTHING is based around windows. Applications, games, drives...you name it.

Now, if all you need is a sable computer to do a single function, like type...I'd say go with some other OS. Beleive me, others out there have many less problems than windows! Hehe, why else do you think TiVO's are Linux based ;P I also hear some accesspoints are(or mine has been thought to be Linux based)

Back
Top Bottom