Abit VT7 Mobo SATA Raid HDD problem

colin11

Beta member
I have a Abit VT7 that is not detecting my SATA Hard drive. I am sure i have to change something in my bios but i do not know what. I know the hard drive is getting power cause it is moving. I am trying to install windows and when i do it cannot complete the process because it says that it does not detect and hard disk drives.

Any suggestions?

If you are loading Windows XP onto a serial ATA SATA hard drive, you will have to manually load the SATA drivers.

You need to put the drivers on a floppy disk. Copy the drivers from the motherboard CD (you'll have to browse for this on the CD and look for something like *\DriverDisk\SATA\*.*) into the root directory of floppy disk. Then, boot the system by Windows XP installation CD. When the message "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver" shows up, press "F6". Then, press "S" to specify additional device when next screen pops up. Put the driver floppy disk you made in and press enter to continue. If the floppy disk is made successfully, the installation program will ask for selecting driver. Then select "Sil or VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller". After SATA driver loaded and Windows XP can recognize the SATA HDD, you can continue to install Windows XP as usual.

This should work fine if you have the drivers on a CD somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom