Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
money_man said:
3dmark03=8884 with cpu OC to 2.34ghz and 550/1100 video and 71.89 drivers

dont forget this is all with stock cooling and its not going anywhere near 45 degrees

Moneyman, I agree with you on the temperature. I OC mine and is hanging around the high 30's and low 40's. Once it gets hotter out, I'm sure it will rise unless I turn on the air conditioner in the house.

But man, you almost got yours up to 2.4GHz. How come you stopped so soon at 2.34? It started to run unstable? That means I'm going to have to push mine to 2.6 GHz, lol. I still have to OC my 6600GT a little more. No seriously, I'm going to stick around with what I have now. I don't know if I'll see any significant benefits besides a higher 3dmark score.

By the way. For those of you running the 3dmarks, do you have anything running in the background like Bearshare, virus scan, any open windows, etc.? I'm thinking if there will be a performance hit when the benchmark software is running. Which is probably why I'm running low numbers. I did a little more OCing so I will run another one pretty soon.

TRDCorolla said:
Moneyman, I agree with you on the temperature. I OC mine and is hanging around the high 30's and low 40's. Once it gets hotter out, I'm sure it will rise unless I turn on the air conditioner in the house.

But man, you almost got yours up to 2.4GHz. How come you stopped so soon at 2.34? It started to run unstable? That means I'm going to have to push mine to 2.6 GHz, lol. I still have to OC my 6600GT a little more. No seriously, I'm going to stick around with what I have now. I don't know if I'll see any significant benefits besides a higher 3dmark score.

By the way. For those of you running the 3dmarks, do you have anything running in the background like Bearshare, virus scan, any open windows, etc.? I'm thinking if there will be a performance hit when the benchmark software is running. Which is probably why I'm running low numbers. I did a little more OCing so I will run another one pretty soon.

well i went from that to 2.43 and while running 3dmark03 the first test black flashes starting going across teh screen. so i turned it down to 2.32, the 550/1100 is a minor o/c on the 6600gt so you should do it. my fps in CSS went from 60-80 typically to 90+ most of the time. i dont know enough about o/c to fool with voltages yet though and i think thats why at 2.43 it was screwing up on the 3dmark03 test. once the summer hits ill have about 4 fans anyway and theres a window right beside my desk that ill have open the whole time so ill be good in that area. for stock cooling and being at 2.32 im pretty happy. do the video o/c though. took my score from 7554-8351! which i felt was pretty amazing. or did it start at 7751...i dunno but it was a nice leap and teh temp didnt go up at all

EasternDigital said:
Similar to yours.

AMD Athlon64 3500+ Winchester Core 90nm 939PIN OC@2.6GHz, 2GBs of Crucial Ballistix DDR400 PC3200 RAM in Dual Channel OCed @500Mhz, 2x120GB Maxtor SATAII HDDs in RAID0, MSI Neo4 Platitnum MOBO, 2x nVidia6800Ultras in SLi OCed@ 450/1175.

HAHAHA. Nice try similar to mine...i wish i had that system. The only thing I am close to you with is ur CPU, and u've got that OC'd, so ur PC sh1ts on mine man. But if you really think they are close then lets switch ;)

LMAO, well your MOBO (if it is the 2nd revision) runs at a 2000MHz FSB, so there is one of your advantages. You should OC that CPU!! Your board is MADE to OC CPUs!!!

How would i know if my mobo is the 2nd revision? I doubt it is though since i got it just after it came out.
I dont trust myself OC'ing the CPU, besides it runs fast enough for me.

LMAO!! then why did you buy the ASUS board with NOS on it? LMAO!! It is MADE to OC! You should up your FSB man, it won't hurt anything!! BTW, you would know if your MOBO was second review by looking on the model number on the board, it should say 1.0.2

alvino said:
Haha, yeah A.I.NOS was designed for overclocking in mind :D

AI NOS is very good technology, but it is the 2000MHz FSB that allows the ASUS SLi to shine. The revison 2 is VERY GOOD from what I hear, and my friends is FLAWLESS with a huge OC. Again though, he has an Alienware ALX.. See here for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom