USB not detecting

Technology1

Solid State Member
my new fully built computer isnt detecting a 1gb centon memory stick III flash usb drive. the funny thing is that it was working the first time i installed my os...now it just tells me unkown device when plugged in, when i try to install the drivers it tells me that it couldnt finish the install...try again later...ive tried everything even downloading the drivers from the company's site....any ideas on what next?

So the memory stick worked the very first time when you plug it in to the USB port but not now? Make sure that the drivers have been installed from the Mobo CD, that you've done already. Check the Device manager to see if there are any ! or ? next to the USB Host Controller. If there is then the drivers are not loaded or there is a possible problem with the device. Check in BIOS and make sure that the default setting of 8 Devices and the HI-Speed option are enabled. Also make sure that the 1.1usb and 2.0usb with Legacy support are enabled. These drivers are included in the Windows Update SP2 full version.

exclamation mark

if the drivers are corrupt in any way it may still show up in device maneger as a yellow ? mark remove the ? or delete whatever i cant remember.
and reboot system it should pick up the usb device and ask for installation disk as you will probably know see how it goes.good luck

MSI ATX CASE MSI kt3 ultra2 motherboard AMD 3000+ Barton core CPU 2.17 GhzTHERMALTAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool) 256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE 1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 clATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD) WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER REALTEK NETWORK CARD REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND 6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET 1 X 7200RPM 80GB MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVESPLIT 3 X 10 GIG FOR WINDOWS 1 X 50GIG BACKUPS1 x 40GB DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVERUNNING 2 x WIN XP HOME 1 x XP PRO SPLIT 1 X 10 FOR WIN XP PRO 1 X 30GIG BACKUPS1 X MSI CD RW/DVD ROM 1 X TDK DVDRW MULTI DRIVE 1 X FLOPPY 1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER2MB WIRELESS BROADBAND

Well there might be a problem with the USB stick. Check the USB connection if there's something broken if not try what the others have said.

SP2 man... SP1 if you dont have that as well! You need those a lot for this problem, then go what george said, and check the drive in another PC.

Back
Top Bottom