HELP!! Computer not starting

Stu165

Beta member
I just finished putting together another computer, yet when I am trying to start it, the system is turning on but it is not sending a signal to the monitor. Everything seems to be fine.

The system is

ASUS A8V Deluxe
Athlon 64 3000+
dual channel DDR400 512RAM
Radeon 9600XT

Power is getting through to the card as the fan starts. The card works in another system so it is fine. The hard drive kicks in, and all my connections seem fine. The thing I am currently thinking is wrong is that the AGP socket is screwed or something is wrong with the motherboard.

Well what do you mean no signal? Like the screen is just black with no light on the monitor on? Check that the power plug for the monitor is in as well as the plug that goes into the pc. It could be the mobo.

if you have onboard Graphics and a Graphic card make sure your monitor cable is plugged into the Card not the board.

Been checking stuff out, Looks like the BIOS drivers are too old and don't support the new CPUs, quite common in ASUS stuff apparantly. Going to update and see what happens.

Hi,

This is the bios update tool from the Asus site:

http://usa.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A8V Deluxe

There should be a manual you can read about updating the bios.
I suspect if you put that file after reading about it on a floppy and going to bios at bootup (usually del), there should be a simple update option there :)

Hope this helps

EDIT: Oh damn, you can't... that is what you should be able to do though, but thats a bit weird if it won't even let you flash because of the CPU in the first place... oh dear...

As long as you have this bios already installed on the motherboard:

A8V Deluxe - ver 1011 (then that CPU should work on that board though this is the latest bios version)

Back
Top Bottom