Logitech X530

I have the older Z-640 5.1 system. It does have a knob to turn up the bass and down on the sub. WIth the knob all the way down, the bass is still quite noticeable (still rattle the window if the speaker volume is cranked up). Great bass, I have to admit.

Ya definitely. I love mine cause I have a 10" 188WATT subwoofer... this thing kills the closest Klipsch competitor (which does only 170watts and I think is 8").

TRDCorolla said:
I have the older Z-640 5.1 system. It does have a knob to turn up the bass and down on the sub. WIth the knob all the way down, the bass is still quite noticeable (still rattle the window if the speaker volume is cranked up). Great bass, I have to admit.

yea my brother had those before he switched to the X-530's. he had to switch because unless he went into the creative sound thingy everytime he wanted to turn down the bass my mom wuld still be pounding on the floor upstairs. all in all a very nice sub the Z-640's are. although my Creative speakers still beat the X-530 and the X-640 that my bro had and they are in the top 5% of speakers you should buy according to some web-site a found about a month back.

calm down eastern, maybe he cant afford klipsch speakers right now. I have that speaker set on my gaming rig, it's just not those particular ones, they are the model that the 530's replaced, but they still sound great, and to answer your question, I keep my center speaker sittting right on top o my 19in samsung CRT, and the monitor still works fine with no distortion. So im pretty sure they are magnetically sheilded.

Eh, I am not excited, but Giancarlo, you are entitled to your own opinions, so I won't argue that, but Klipsch FOCUS on speakers, that is all they make while Logitech makes many other products. Their speakers are good, no doubt (my bro has a set of the x640s). However, the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 Ultras will rip down a house with their bass, they are clear, magnetically shielded, and all wood contructed unlike the fiber cores of the cheaper Logitech. Both are of excellent quality, but you PAY for what you get, and personally, I would prefer a German made company that has been around FAR LONGER and better at making speakers from experience. Just MY opinion though.... :D

I did pay for what I got. And guess what? I did. That's why the 188 watt subwoofer on the Logitech Z-5500 totally overpowers the Klipsch Pro Media 170 watt subwoofer. Look it up. The 10" subwoofer on the Z-5500 is nearly 1.5 times more powerful then the 170 watt subwoofer on comparable Klipsch systems. :D :D The Klipsch Pro-media 5.1 was designed to compete with the Logitech Z-680. The previous 5.1 system made by logitech. Also the Logitechs are not built cheaper. My logitech Z-5500 is twice as good then the Klipsch and all reviews say this. I pay for what I get, and I was smarter going with Z-5500. Anyone who is faced with the decision between the Z-5500 and Promedia 5.1 Ultra, should know that the Z-5500 kicks the Promedia in the rear end. The pro-media is of deficient quality (especially with the construction). That is why Logitech grabs all the top awards over Klipsch. It has better sound (better built satellites) and has a better subwoofer (magnetically shielded subwoofers are underpowered). Logitech is better then Klipsch, that simple. :D

Lets face it. Klipsch has nothing out to compete with the Logitech Z-5500. The Promedia 5.1 Ultras flunk against the Z-5500. They do fine against the Z-680. But those are old. Sorry. :D

Relevant Links:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Klipsch_ProMedia_Ultra_5_1/4505-3179_7-30602151.html?tag=topprods
Rating: 7.9 for Klipsch Pro-media Ultra 5.1
"Expensive; no digital-audio inputs; lacks a wireless remote control."

http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Z_680/4505-9333_7-20720043.html?tag=also
Rating: 8.3 for Logitech Z-680

http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Z_5500_Digital/4505-9333_7-31115626.html?tag=also
Rating: 8.1 for Logitech Z-5500
"Powerful, crisp sound; Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS 96/24, and PCM 96/24 decoder; wireless remote control; coaxial and optical digital ins; headphone jack."

Wait? Klipsch has no digital audio inputs? WHAT? For a system that expensive? That's why I tell people to not get Klipsch. Logitech naturally has an advantage because IT HAS DIGITAL INPUTS, PERIOD.

Hey, well you are right. You certainly get what you paid for. I feel bad for the people who buy the Klipsch Pro-media 5.1 Ultra. Very bad.

I get a remote control and digital audio inputs (as compared to the analog ones on Klipsch) with my system. Not to mention on massive 188 watt subwoofer that smashes the 170 watt subwoofer on the Klipsch system.

Ouch. :D Also one last thing... Logitech is cheap? HAHAHAH.. that's why so many of their systems get THX certification.

Why are guys bickering over a bunch of speakers?! Be glad you even have em'! Sheesh...

Back
Top Bottom