Gallery: Your Workstation SPLIT

Re: Gallery: Your workstation

Athlon64fx, do you really have a GF MX4000?

YA I spent $160 on my card at the time I bought it. And it has great performance. There is no need to change this one...

The other thing I made a lasting investment on was the speaker system... that's a strong solid investment.

well after all you did give back your old ones and they gave you ones that were better for free....

Giancarlo said:

YA I spent $160 on my card at the time I bought it. And it has great performance. There is no need to change this one...

The other thing I made a lasting investment on was the speaker system... that's a strong solid investment.

There is a need if you want to play newer games with all the dynamic lighting, you must admit, the FX series did VERY POORLY on lighting effects... Ick.. I used to have one, the 5950Ultra.. and it didn't perform as well as the 9800XT did in lighting. Both good cards, I gave the nudge to ATi there though. Now, the 6800 series.. WOW, these cards scream.. You might look into a 6800GT AGP card since they are relatively cheap now, and WELL WORTH the UPGRADE. BTW, nice OC on that card though! :D

Giancarlo said:

yes, its 2 years old + tight now. still playes alot of games pretty good. ;) its 128mb gddr.

do you have the same thing? or did u have it?

EasternDigital said:
There is a need if you want to play newer games with all the dynamic lighting, you must admit, the FX series did VERY POORLY on lighting effects... Ick.. I used to have one, the 5950Ultra.. and it didn't perform as well as the 9800XT did in lighting. Both good cards, I gave the nudge to ATi there though. Now, the 6800 series.. WOW, these cards scream.. You might look into a 6800GT AGP card since they are relatively cheap now, and WELL WORTH the UPGRADE. BTW, nice OC on that card though! :D

I'll have to disagree. My BFG FX5900 has been reved up to do so. Yes it may not perform as good as the 9800XT on dynamic lighting effects, but it is more then adequate. The 9800XT is practically horrible in every other respect. My FX5900 is pushed to FX5950U speeds. I give the FX5900-5950U the edge over ATI for practical reasons. Why would I look into a 6800GT? I'm a poor student. ;) And this card will last me more then enough time. I play Doom 3 on it just fine. Good frame rates. Not the best, but I listen to mainly music on this computer moreso then games (that's why I got the Klipsch-killer Logitech Z-5500.

athlon64fx said:
and you got dual SLI! how could you say that was a waste of money!

I don't have SLI. SLI is a waste of money too...it's unnessesary for my needs.

yes it is, plus its unstable! everyone I've talked to has had problems. even zen. thats why i dont offer those on my systems, and I wont, unless its more mainstream and stable and prices go lower. I can't buy in bulk yet and I dont ahve big purchasing power to make my system's prices lower.

I dont see the point in SLi aywaz. just soemthing to get money that's all

wait how has zen had problems? zen told me before i bought this mobo that i would not be dissappointed

the 9800xt is horrible???? it may not be as good as the new generation of cards..but its not horrible.

Giancarlo said:
The 9800XT is practically horrible in every other respect.

Back
Top Bottom