Difference between fire fix and inernet explorer

jetmir

Solid State Member
Last week i switched from internet explorer to fire fox because this kid told me it was better, and i was wondering if it really is better and why.

Hackers continue to find and exploit security holes in IE. Many of them take advantage of Explorer's ActiveX system, which lets Web sites download and install software onto people's PC, sometimes without user's knowledge. ActiveX was meant to make it easy to add the latest interactive multimedia and other features to sites, but instead it's become a tool for sneaking spyware onto unsuspecting PCs. Firefox avoid ActiveX and other well-known infection paths. You can configure it to automatically download most files when you click on them, but not .exe files, which are runnable programs and since .exe files could be viruses or stealth installers. FIrefox simply aren't hacked into that often as IE. Internet Explorer is used by 95 percent of the world. Firefox's users add up to 2 or 3 percent at most. Which browser do you think people are most likely to hack?

Firefox also adds a productivity feature that Explorer has never gotten around to and that is tabbed browsing. This is cool stuff. You can open several Web pages in the same window and flip through them as tabs, similar to those used in some of Window's dialog boxes. If you're in the habit of opening a bunch of news and other web links all the time or clicking on several Google results from the same search, tabbed browsing makes it more efficient and organized than popping up a whole new window for each link.

when i opened this post i was waiting to find out what Fire Fix is, lol, i now know you mean FireFox

My personal experience... There's much less spyware that affects it. It does seem to load pages faster. IT has more privacy options(such as not remembering any pages you've been to ;) ) Tabbed browsing(which I didn't think I'd like but use all the time now) Oh, and it's been more stable that IE...

IE used to crash alot for me since i've had FireFox i've had onlyone apart from the onces when i look at PDF pages

SOUNDS LIKE FIRE FOX IS WOTH TRYING THOUGHT ABOUT IT MANY TIMES BUT NEVER GOT ROUND TO IT.I THINK NOWS THE TIME. I ASSUME I WILL FIND WHERE TO DOWNLOAD FIRE FOX VIA A SEARCH ENGINE.
MSI ATX CASE MSI kt3 ultra2 motherboard AMD 3000+ Barton core CPU 2.17 GhzTHERMALTAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool) 256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE 1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 clATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD) WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER REALTEK NETWORK CARD REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND 6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET 1 X 7200RPM 80GB MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVESPLIT 3 X 10 GIG FOR WINDOWS 1 X 50GIG BACKUPS1 x 40GB DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVERUNNING 2 x WIN XP HOME 1 x XP PRO SPLIT 1 X 10 FOR WIN XP PRO 1 X 30GIG BACKUPS1 X MSI CD RW/DVD ROM 1 X TDK DVDRW MULTI DRIVE 1 X FLOPPY 1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER

THANKS TRD COROLLA FOR THAT.
I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AROUND AND ONE SITE WANTED TO CHARGE ME A YEARLY SUBSCIPTIN FOR THE USE OF FIREFOX.!WHAT!

MSI ATX CASE MSI kt3 ultra2 motherboard AMD 3000+ Barton core CPU 2.17 GhzTHERMALTAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool) 256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE 1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 clATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD) WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER REALTEK NETWORK CARD REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND 6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET 1 X 7200RPM 80GB MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVESPLIT 3 X 10 GIG FOR WINDOWS 1 X 50GIG BACKUPS1 x 40GB DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVERUNNING 2 x WIN XP HOME 1 x XP PRO SPLIT 1 X 10 FOR WIN XP PRO 1 X 30GIG BACKUPS1 X MSI CD RW/DVD ROM 1 X TDK DVDRW MULTI DRIVE 1 X FLOPPY 1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER2MB WIRELESS BROADBAND

Your welcome. Personally, I would never pay for subscriptions--especially computer related (besides Internet access of course).

Back
Top Bottom