From fat 32 to RAW ??

numinbah

Solid State Member
As viewers will know I have been having troubles recently because I could not see my CD Drives in Explorer. I have now sorted out that problem. A new problem has shown up with a couple of my hard drives at different times, for some reason my drives have changed from Fat 32 to the raw system.

Does any one know if its possible to change back to Fat 32. I realy need to get some info off of one of the drives.

I know where I've been but I havent a clue where I'm going

How have you done that? :s
i've never really heard of the RAW system to tell the truth. I looked it up and it seems its unprocessed data with no system...

I hope someone can help

Hi Kage,
A real queer one, this is the second time this has happened. The first time I lost all the contents of a 160 Gig H/D the info wasn't all that important ( I had some back up on another disk) so I reformated and carried on. I then decided to have a look at the back up disk to see what was on it ( I had forgotten). Because the machine I was useing was the one that did not show my CD's I went into Dos and there were the files I was lookin for so I know they were there.This machine had 2 H/D's one of which had the backed up files on, and no opperating system on either
to make sure that I installed the new opperating system on the one that did not have my back up on it I did a DIR once again I saw my files the other was empty. I was doing this again just to make sure when I typed in Di insted of D: At that moment I lost every thing the machine was completly DEAD nothing at all. Today I was able to use a External Case for my backup drive and it was at this point I found out the file system had changed to RAW

I suppose Di is short for die which is what the machine did

any thoughts would be helpful

Yea seems to be the di short :s

I really don't understand that at all.
If it happens to more drives, I'd suggest their being damaged.
Maybe you should get a new powersupply which might be shorting them out. Its worth checking, as I had a problem with drives suddenly not reading, and it caused 2 hard drives to die completly, and another 2 to just corrupt...

Hope this helps...though it seems its going to confuse you more

Back
Top Bottom