Meaning of life?

Re: Well...

setishock said:
My life was a full one. It had purpose and it did have a meaning.

Is your life over, your speaking in the past tence like your about to die.

I'm just fine...

Thanks for asking.
I get deep some times. Did not mean to alarm anyone.
I think I'll go ponder the meaning of the mold in my fridge...

As an existentialist, I pretty much have to agree with Setishock. He actually stated a lot of what existentialism is. I am atheist too, but many existentialists are (not to discount there are some christian ones, but very few). Live every moment to the fullest, keep an open mind about other people, if you find love seize the opportunity (with him or her), appreciate diversity, recognize adversity and help others.

Setishock looks as good as ever in his picture. Im sure he isnt going to die.

Giancarlo said:
As an existentialist, I pretty much have to agree with Setishock. He actually stated a lot of what existentialism is. I am atheist too, but many existentialists are (not to discount there are some christian ones, but very few). Live every moment to the fullest, keep an open mind about other people, if you find love seize the opportunity (with him or her), appreciate diversity, recognize adversity and help others.

Yeah pretty much hit that nail square on the head. I do believe in God but in my own way. It's a personal thing...

Ya there are quite a few existentialists who are theist (believe in god, but don't belong in any organized religion). Have you read into any of the most famous existentialists like Camus or Nietzsche?

No...

I think you have lumped me in to a group I have not the slightest knowlage about. I look at life like an old hippy.

Well many hippies do read Nietzsche.. but that's ok.. ya I guess I was kinda off.. but you did say a lot of what I believe in..

Back
Top Bottom