hmm.. graphics cards

Andy_Wilson

Solid State Member
hello,
Im looking for a new graphics card, so I need a bit of feedback from u people. Got a 2.2ghz cpu and 512 ram. My price limit is around £300ish and Im quite keen on these cards : GeForce 6800 GT and the ATI Radeon X800 Pro.
Tell me what you think.

Ta, Andy

I have a 6800GT and I'm very pleased with it so far. Only disappointments I've had are with some desktop stuff(like TV Out) I had more luck with my old Radion 8500, but new drivers have helped...

Radeon x8500... aint that like fx6800's competetor? (why did u change cards?), anyway doesnt sound too bad wont be using TV out ect, jus need it for playin games ect.
My current card is an Nvidia MX420 and ive had no problems with that, jus outdated.

The 8500 came out around 2001... It had some age on it just as my old computer did, so I just built a new one *see sig*

The TV Out has always been good on nvidias. The problem with mine was first it kept messing up(errors and such) WHen I updated drivers, it works, but it just doesn't have "Theater Mode" like my old ATI did. IT has something similar, but you have to do a few things to make it work with DVDs.

the game graphics with the 6800GT is just stunning. Amazing. You will be very pleased.

you'd be pleased with a 6600gt also. your CPU is going to bottleneck the performance though. the 6800gt is the wiser choice outta those 2 cards though

Back
Top Bottom