What 512mb RAM boards are compatible with my computor??

reed2005

Beta member
hi, i need a new RAM board for new game ( matrix online). it needs a 512mb and i only got a 256mb. Heres the problem, i dont know whats compatable with my computor. Heres my DxDiag info...

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/23/2005, 21:58:03
Machine name: COMPUTER1
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 163MB used, 456MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: /PackageInstall
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Please if you know anything i might need to know or if you requier the rest of the DxDiag info please reply to this topic.

so you just need some more ram, alright. You could find out what kind of ram you have by opening your computer and looking at it. that is, if you feel comfertable doing that. If you do, then we could move on to the next step.

OR

You can open your computer and check what kind of motherboard you have. Usually there's the chipset name on it...once you find this out, we can search for it online and see what kind of ram is compatible with it.

Yeah, I think checking the motherboard is the best option, though we won't know what RAM chip you have now and so you might get something faster than you have now, but most good manufacturers or builders would give it the highest RAM speed it's possible of.

If you turn the PC off and on, the computer can sometimes flash the motherboard name and model number up for a few seconds or so, but this might be too quick to remember.

Hope this helps :)

thanks for the link
heres my motherboard properties:

Motherboard ID 09/29/2001 -i845-w627hf-6a69vm4bc-00
Motherboard name MSI MS0-6399

motherboard physical info:

CPU sockets/slots 1
Expansion slots 3PCI, 1AGP
RAM slots 2 DIMM
Intergrated devices Audio
Form Factor Micro ATX
motherboard chipset i845D

Motherboard manufacturer

Company name Micro star international

If you need more information please reply asking for it.

I can't seem to find it for the i845 standard, but I can find info for the i845 Ultra:

3 184-pin DIMM slots for PC1600/PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Supports up to 2GB memory
No ECC support

But yours only has 2 DIMM's, the ultra seems to have 3 DIMMS so is'nt going to be like it...

Back
Top Bottom