Takes too long to enter the welcome screen

Re: Nothing happened

anggun999 said:
After i scanned it with the antivirus you suggested me to use, it said that it couldn't open the file in windows/system32/catroot2/edb.chk

Are you the system Admin?

not working

i dont think it's working...
I tried all of it, but my computer is still dark at the beginning.
should i re-install the windows?

I have a couple questions first.

What are your computer's stats?
Has done this since you got the computer?

i just re-installed windows

Hi, so i decided to re-install my windows, but before that, i repaired. But seem that the repair didn't work, so i tried to re-install it by formating the C:
But what im still wondering is, the problem still occurs, and that is the black screen before the welcome screen.
Then i installed Win XP manager, and it says there, that there is an option if i want to wait 30 secs before the welcome screen or not. But unfortunately, the options are unclickable. So im so confuse here what i should do. I already put a fresh copy of windows, but still...
My computer: AMD Athlon XP, 512MB, 2 Harddisks( 120+200)GB, windows XP media center edition.
Just to let you know, that a couple of months before, the computer was in a ordinary condition. PLease help me here...!

something is definatley blocking out those buttons in the registry, i would get a hold of a very good registry repair program and run it on there.

You can google one for Registry Repair or you could just buy one at your local Bestbuy ect....

Or just go-online to bestbuy.com

is it because of the harddisk?

Some people say, that we shouldn't install windows on a non-empty hardisk, we should install an OS on a blank harddisk. Is that right??
Is that why im experiencing this problem?

my mate has this problem but hes is caused by the processor hes got a amd 64 but it runs fucking fats when the os is running but it takes ages to load the os

Back
Top Bottom