partitioning and other info.....

it's from some search webpage, because the toolbar would make its page my homepage, but i got rid of it too.

i'm in school now, actually in my info.tech class....omg Database is sooooo borring!
i'll find out the actual site when i get home.

Yeah I understand how it could be considered spyware.

Google probably collect data off it by what you search for, to change how the searches work. I doubt it would be a worse than that :p Though it's still spyware, and spyware is bad... bad bad google! :|

Doh... I wish i could remember the name of that search thing as my bros got it on the PC before, and I had to get rid of it. Was some deleter from their site that got rid of it I think.

Does the spyware detector find it? What does it call it? Some spyware can be mischievious and not delete this way, though you can still find out the name to help me track the bugga down lol :p

EDIT: If you get Spybot Search and destory it has a special program within it called TeaTimer, which actually stops harmful registry changes to get spyware on the machine in the first place. It is rather annoying though as it asks every time you istall something can it copy something to the registry, in which case its best to close it when you do this as it can corrupt the program, but it is very good at what it does!
You can tell for example if you have downloaded spyware, as it'll come up with a registry change box, and if its suspicious, just say no to it :) Simple

Ah thats what it is :D Yep, I've had that before...

This is about them:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/lop/

Did you say you had Spybot Seach and Destroy? This does search for Lop.com and it got rid of it for me I think... though I'll keep searching for a removal program

Ah I see you do have it!
Make sure it is updated and if you can since they might be running, go into Safemode and run the program then (f8 at bootup), as it has more of a chance of getting rid of it since less programs will be runnning.

Hope this helps

yea and when ya get a chance go into task mgr and check some of the processes on google to see if theyre spyware, end them and make a note of which come back after opening a few programs

Back
Top Bottom