help with disabling integrated graphics

PntblSlayer

Solid State Member
how do i disable the onboard graphics card, i have an emachines t1120, they suck big time but i have no money to buy a new comp, anyway i tried going into the BIOS but there is no option to disable, and when i install the Nvidia it doesn't work right, thanks for ne help

Right click on my computer: click the hardware tab: device manager: expand the display adapters: right click on the onboard graphics card: disable. Restart your comp with the new card in and then install the drivers.

Actually Starr, that's not the best way because you still have it pulling the system RAM...

Pnt, go into the bios(usally DEL, F1, or similar keys during the startup...) and there's usally an option in the advanced settings or intergrated peripherals. Just look around there...

Yeah it should definetly be there. Should be called 'Onboard Video' or something along those lines

The_Other_One said:
Actually Starr, that's not the best way because you still have it pulling the system RAM...

Pnt, go into the bios(usally DEL, F1, or similar keys during the startup...) and there's usally an option in the advanced settings or intergrated peripherals. Just look around there...

My mistake. Thats how I always learned to do it. Plus he said he looked in the bios...

I think Pntblslayer00 has a seperate Nvidia card he can't install properly without disabling the onboard one as it's probably running from this

Oops, I must of skipped that part... Well I'm sure there's got to be something there, or MAYBE a jumper on the board(but that's rare)

David Lindon said:
Why would you want to disable it anyway?

Don't you have to disable intergraded graphics(if your MOBO has them) before you can install a graphic card?

Back
Top Bottom