Need a new graphics card...Hows this?

Well...

I've read many good reviews. But as with anything you read you have to remember some of these guys get paid to be bias. I like Nvidia. I've been with them since they opened the doors and have had not one bad card.
If you can, find a friend or a shop that has one on display so you can see it in action. Key here is to make sure it's compatiable with your current system. Is your power supply big enough? Does your systems agp slot support the speed the card tops out at? A 8x card in a 4x slot is a waste to me. But handy if you plan to upgrade your motherboard in the close future.
Keep shopping but don't waste a lot of time. Sometimes the killer prices don't stay killer prices for long. Check the vendors return policy so if you get a bad card you don't get stuck out on a limb. Also since the card is made by an aftermarket supplier, check their warranty. Bad warranty don't buy...

Just as long as its a bit better than that ATI card and hopefully fixes this lagging problem. Its also a 256mb where as my ATI was 128. I'm also about to buy some 512mb PC3200 RAM to replace my 256mb PC2700 RAM which should boost its performance a little more.

Back
Top Bottom