hellllppppp

erythnul

Baseband Member
ok i just built a computer today and here are the specs....asrock motherboard.....amd athlon 2800+....1 gig of ram....seagate 40 gig hd .....9800 pro ok everytime i play a game when i turn a different direction really quick it kinda shows lines in the screen it doesnt lag it just shows the lines... does anyone know what this is?? and how to fix it ?? any opinion will be helpfull

I wouldn't mind helping but we need a bit more clearifacation here. Could you get a screen shot or something?

Usally just pressing Print Scrren(PrtScn, or some key like that) will sore it in your clip board, then you just paste it into some program and save as an image... JPG would probably the best choice

are the lines like repetive sceneriy overlapping...like, if your staring at a pot with a plant in it and you turn, does the picture of the plant overlap a bunch of times to make it look like a long line of plants?lol, just trying to figure this out.

or are they lines that come out of nowhere that dont fit in with anything, if so, what color are they? do they bend? are they straight?

give us some details

It almost sounds like interlace lines... You're not using a TV are you? IT's not typical for computers to show these, but I guess some could.

Bascially a frame on a TV is two frames together. Sometimes if they get out of sync or something, you can see the lines and such. Eh, but as I said, this probably isn't it.

Other things, try drivers, directx, and other things... Maybe other games?

To me it sounds like what can happen if you disable Vertical Sync on games when there running at too fast a speed. You can enable this usually in Options in games.
If its not here, go to the video settings (right click desktop, Properties, settings tab, Advanced, and find a tab with 'Wait for Vertical Sync' and enable it there. You will find this is probably the problem.

Vertical sync is basically where the video syncs itself with the refreshing of the vertical syncing of the monitor to make a new image appear (most monitors range from 60,70) and so the video card will try its best to send out a new image at these points. If though it is disabled, the video card sends them out whenever it can, and this can be in the middle of a refresh of the monitor which is where the lines are coming from when you spin.

Most computers i'd say to disable it anyway as it doesn't bother most people, and tends to make the game feel like its running slower if its exceeding the monitors rate, though 60,70fps on a game these days is fine, and is not great for slow computers.
So enable this, and I hope the problem goes away :)

EDIT: It might be best to make it "default on' as some games won't work that well with it, and then this will let you change it within the game if it has the setting. Making it 'Always on' will force the graphics card to use it all the time

Yes, Kage is right. Turn on the Vsync. The human can't tell the difference between 27fps and 70fps.

Back
Top Bottom