Lost the XP serial key... what do i do???

J03

~~~~~~~~
On christmas i got Sunbeam Samurai case, a new motherboard, and a ram upgrade. I Replaced my old case with my new case, and i had to reinstall XP because of the new motherboard. That went fine and i activated XP and everything. But i threw out the old case with the serial on it (i know its stupid but well, i am) And last week i got the blue screen of death. I tryed safemode, but whenever i turned it on, the BSOD just flashed for about 0.5 seconds. So, i re installed windows. But, without the key i cant do anything with it. What shall i do??? i know this sounds like im trying to get it for free, but belive me im not.

But i forrmatted the hard drive, and i am on someone elses computer right now, so i cant run it with my XP.

the only thing that i can think of for you to do is to contact microsoft either by e-mail or by phone and they will be able to help you.

matt

I will try emailing them now. Thanks for the help, will update when i get a reply.

Matt 999, please do not double-post.

And I have e-mailed microoft in the past with an odd error and they helped me fix it, I had a personal rep to deal with my case and was very polite and helpful. So well done Microsoft!

obvious answer would be to format again and get a hacked or stolen copy of windows xp. im not going to admit i know anything about doing this stuff, but trust me, its easy and FREE

Back
Top Bottom