Michael Moore back at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you Gian, in the U.S. today, 15 million people live in or near povrety despite living in homes headed by full-time workers. Millions more live close to the edge, including countless former welfare recipientswho have learned that having a job doesn't mean being able to pay your bills. In response, a growing movement has won the passage of "living wage" ordinances in about 80 communities over the last decade, including Baltimore, Los Angeles, Detroit, and Chicago. These laws typically require goverment contractors and some other employers to pay workers substantially more than minimum wage, which is now $5.15 nationally.Higher here in California $6.75. Often the "living wage" is set at the level needed to lift a family of four at least to the federal poverty line, which requires about $18,000 a year, or more than $8 an hour. Some cities require health benefits to be offered atop this wage. While they spend millions on a war that we're already over with. A lot of schools don't have enough supplies, it's like fighting a war for education with no bullets. I'm just saying congress shoudn't tell every body that everything is alright, because it's not. That's all.

I agree, theres alot of things that need to be cleaned up...just want to ask you one thing

what do you mean by "....a war already over with"
if you mean the war in Iraq then its not overwith.

BanChan said:
Let me tell you Gian, in the U.S. today, 15 million people live in or near povrety despite living in homes headed by full-time workers. Millions more live close to the edge, including countless former welfare recipientswho have learned that having a job doesn't mean being able to pay your bills. In response, a growing movement has won the passage of "living wage" ordinances in about 80 communities over the last decade, including Baltimore, Los Angeles, Detroit, and Chicago. These laws typically require goverment contractors and some other employers to pay workers substantially more than minimum wage, which is now $5.15 nationally.Higher here in California $6.75. Often the "living wage" is set at the level needed to lift a family of four at least to the federal poverty line, which requires about $18,000 a year, or more than $8 an hour. Some cities require health benefits to be offered atop this wage. While they spend millions on a war that we're already over with. A lot of schools don't have enough supplies, it's like fighting a war for education with no bullets. I'm just saying congress shoudn't tell every body that everything is alright, because it's not. That's all.

Don't treat me like a moron. I have been studying this stuff for much longer then people here. The numbers I believe are off. 90% of this country is well off. But it is a natural fact of the world, that you will always have the working class. I do not believe in government screw ups like welfare. I believe that we as a people should be able to do things on our own. You will not lecture me on the facts of life. I have been in this world much longer. A minimum wage is good at a point, when adjusted to inflation.. but when you inflate it just for higher wages you run the risk of inflation. You are just plain wrong in several factors . Spending government money arbitrarily on some welfare program will not fix the world. It will make it a lot worse. Everybody is just fine in this country. You have more then enough chances. So don't you ever dare tell me what is a fact or what is not. I believe in free market economics. I do think a minimum wage is a good thing, but it should be let up by inflation not artifically pushed up by some leftist elements in this country that want to hijack the economy.

And don't you ever try to lecture me on what a living wage is or not.

Giancarlo, stop acting like you are better then everyone in here. Yeah, sure you might know more. Doesn't mean you have to drag everyone down. Their opinions are just as good.

I have no problem with Moore doing this. As long as the campus keeps certain people from giving speeches, give them all the hell you can. And.... how exactly is Moore only in for the money? He's giving away scholorships...

LOL, good on ya Mike. Whats the problem with giving people scholarships, plus asking questions and standing up for something that isnt right is perfectly healthy. Hey everyone, this Amorssang guy, has the views of Giancarlo, but he also respects everyone elses points good to have you Amorssang.

Certain campuses stop certain people from talking because people cross the line. They stopped Michael Moore and the next person will be Ward Churchill (hes the guy who called all the people who died in the world trade center "little eichmans"...)

To your question on money, Moore gives our a few bucks for scholarships, in turn gets more popular and makes bank on his prophets.

NOFX said:
LOL, good on ya Mike. Whats the problem with giving people scholarships, plus asking questions and standing up for something that isnt right is perfectly healthy. Hey everyone, this Amorssang guy, has the views of Giancarlo, but he also respects everyone elses points good to have you Amorssang.

Michael Moore only promotes insanity. He doesn't ask questions. He is standing up against something that is right (for example the Iraq war). He's anti-american.

6.75, I just asked McDonalds and Hollywood Videos. You Gian, just got served.

Who are you to say what's insane or not. O.K. Gian, you are so "normal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom