Asus A7v8x-la?!!

Jackman19258

Beta member
ASUS A7V8X-LA is my motherboard on my compaq presario sr1030nx desktop pc. I am trying to find out if i can upgrade my power supply from the stock 250watt to a 430watt w/out it burning out my motherboard. anybody know if i can do it?

I feel having extra power is nice to have and should post no threat to your motherboard. Just make sure it has all the same connections you are using now.

What have you added to the Presario recently? That's a big difference in power you plan on upgrading. Chances are it will run fine using the 250 watt PSU because Compaq chose to use it (stock). Unless you added extra RAM or changed out the video card to a better grade, or even a second hard drive, a higher rated PSU would be much better, perhaps a 350-400 watt (also extra safety margin is included).

Eh. I did upgrade my compaq actually...

new:

512 mb ram (Maxed out at 1 gig)
5200fx 256 mb nvidia card AGP
and I was wondering, what if I did put in a second hard drive? Hehehe. Also I just bought a new heatsink from Newegg, a Venus 7+ thermaltake.
So i guess i can go ahead and plug in the new power supply. thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom