xp64 and xp32

trance565 said:
ummm, human eye sees infinate colors, computer with a 32bit cpu can only process 32 bits of color, which is like .... one million sumad colors, 64bit, with a fully 64 bit OS will be able to process up to 64 bits of color, thus doubling and enhancing the computing world with more crazy colors for xtacy addicts to stare at the screen for

and to the original question, if u have ever isntalled windows xp, you should know that it will format EVERY DRIVE completley, before installing the os, so it will get rid of the 32 bit os before it installs, win xp dun like dual booting, so if u gonna use 2 OS u gotta install the other os second, and in this case .... its one or the other i believe

OK, i never knew that 32bit to 64bit was just colour qulaity, thats sounds pretty useless, but alas i am sure its better otherwise these companies would not spend so miuch money inventing these things.

Anyways, u say above that if i install a second version of xp that it will format and wipe all drives. I am not sure where u go this info from, but its totally WRONG! On my old pc i had 3 OS's, win2k, winxp Home, and Winxp Pro. I reinstalled xp home and xp pro at least 5 times, if not more. I have about 8 drives on my pc. All 3 OS's are on the same HDD. Never once have i had a problem with one wiping out another. Now maybe what u speak of is the 64bit xp pro may do something like that, that was the whole purpose of this post. But in some artivles that i read, they say that the xp64 is for testing only and should NOT be ur main OS, therefore they expect u 2 have at least 2 OS's on one pc...therefore they should allow for dual boot. Thanks for the info on the differences b/w 32biut and 64bit, but unfortunaltey i think ur mistaken in this other area.

I don't think you'll have any conflicts between the two OS's.. I ran Windows XP on one drive once, with XP64 on my second drive, and Fedora 3 on my third drive, didn't have problems.

very good. And it gives u the option on startup of which OS you would like to boot into right?

I know someone who has xp64 edition...their computer now boots in 5 seconds, sound, and image quality are WAY better. He told me he was multitasking to the MAX and playing ut2k4 still getting 100fps in the game..its more than just color

zero4zero said:
It's true you can't just load two versions of the same operating system on the same PC, and concerning AMD and INTEL, they are just the puppets of Microsoft.
If Microsoft wants to come up with a 128 bit version, one of the CPU companies will have to lead to deliver. It's not that we need it, (like zillions of colours for the color blind) but more like,,,,,,, there's a lot of $$$ to make just by re-inventing software, which is also a way to monopolize it's stronghold and keep Linux Macintosh and other operating system makers behind, far behind (moneywise).

As far as Microsoft is concerned, profit is profit. It's not the first time the puppeted a company *cough* IBM *cough*.

Back
Top Bottom