should I????

Oh sorry then, this is probbably true. I thoguht you'd have to do it manually, and because it's just a bootdisc, I didn't think it possible since it's not the full windows.
Unless by boot disc, you mean the full version :| Sorry... I'm being daft. That will work... *bangs himself on the head*

are you sure? because i dont want to be stuck with a clean computer and no OS. lol
well, i'll try it, and if it doesnt work, i'll take it to a shop beside my house.

If its from a manufactuer and so you didn't get the original Windows disc, but something called a fix disc or something (my memories like a sieve) then I'm not sure if it would if it was a clean install with no previous data on the drive.
Though if you got one that had the cd key and printed disc with Windows XP on it and things then this should be fine.

One way of checking would be to put the disc in while booting, and if it starts the setup procedure, you know it'll be alright :)

finaly, i'm home from skool, lol..
this cd came with a booklet and a cd key, and when i pop it in when windows is starting it has options for reformating, so i hope it will work.
This is my story...the OS has be pre-loaded to my computer when i bought it and thats the only cd they gave me, i'll scan it and post it up

Ah... I don't think a recovery disc will. That was the name I was trying to think of.

It says to be used only for backup and recovery only, so i'll have to check if it will work, though its definetly not a proper windows disc...

Bare with me :)

EDIT:

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/recovery.htm#XP

Found this which is about using a recovery disc to install Windows again, and it seems rather complicated
I'lll try and find something more easier to understand as I don't fully understand that.

Though it seems you couldn't just format and use it...

read this:

After formatting the disk(s), you can reinstall Windows XP from the installation CD or, if your vendor provided a "recovery" disk, you can run that to reinstall the OS.

So yeah it should work :) Sorry about the worry

okay, well thanx a lot, i just need to put some of my assignments on cds and i'll try it tonite, if i need help, i can always take it to a shop, the guys are nice because i used to go there all the time before when i wasn't too into my computer

Thank you all for your help.
-And just to say, CF is the best! lol, solved my every problem and you guys and ladies are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom