Backing-up Outlook Folders

AggiePilk

Beta member
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the name of the Outlook file that contains all of the e-mails? What I need to do is download the folders to my laptop when I travel, and then load everything back up to my office computer when I return. I'm trying to keep everything in sync.

Yes I wud also like to know this so i can reinstall windows on my mothers computer and still have all her emails!!!

its stored in your application data look in your options for outlook for the locations!

welcome outlook

Yea like Lindon said it should be there. I don't bother with Outlook Express always seemed slow and gmail seems better to me :)

Another alternative to Outlook Express would be another Mozilla product like Firefox, but is called Thunderbird.

It allows you to import everything, plus has a junk section that will try an filter out all the spam you get. It allows you to bring stuff back as its in a folder just incase, so it's not deleted straight away :)
Just seems a much better program

Computergen said:
Yea like Lindon said it should be there. I don't bother with Outlook Express always seemed slow and gmail seems better to me :)

yeh, i have to use Micro Outlook 2002 to sync with my PDA i wish i could use Mozilla Thunderbird :mad:

Ah, thats a shame :( My dad has just started using Thunderbird you see, and says its much better.

Did you find the messages and get them off?

Back
Top Bottom