video lag

Well since you don't play much games and only emulation games, which do only need a smaller type graphics card, a geforce 4 really will do you fine, as theres no point spending more on somethnig you don't need. Though I found a geforce 5 class card called the 5200, which is okay for new games too, though not at high settings. It is also very cheap now and will do your work, plus you will have some flexibility on what you want to do:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-MicroStar_FX5200-TD128_Graphics_Card

You should have an AGP interface which will let this be plugged in, as I think your TNT2 used a 4x AGP interface, while this uses an 8x but is still compatable with older speeds of AGP too, so you should be fine for anything you want to do :)

That site gives you a list of prices all in american money , and the cheapest is 48 dollars

That DVD writer seems like a great kit too :D I hope this speeds it up for you, as it is kinda new, but cheap too.
Oh and it also has a TV Out function so you could watch what you've captured on a TV before copying I would presume with that device

EDIT: How much hard drive space do you have? Or does it automatically copy straight onto the disc as it's capturing?

Hope this helps

This device does capture your vhs and copy it to your hard drive, therefor you have the option to also edit. You can customize your own menu and chapters as well as the thumbnails for each chapters. I think I have enough hard drive space, max capacity is 80gig, I have about 20gig left and usually after I'm done copying a movie, I delete the file to save room. This computer is old and I don't want to do any major upgrade on it, since the mobo is also old. I'm saving up for a new comp but in the mean time, I also want to transfer my vhs to dvd.

Thanks for the site. I also went to ebay and found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5187842354&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Do you think it's worth bidding for?

Yeah thats much better than the 5200 that i mentioned, though that bid won't stay that low, not for 3 days...

It's much more expensive than that usually, I mean thats lower than the 5200 at the mo... and thats models above it.
You could still bid though yeah, though if you don't play games, i seriously don't think you'll need it to be that good, and so I wouldn't go too high on the price

Yeah, if the bid+shipping isn't above $65 3 days from now then I'll get it otherwise, I'll stick to 5200.. :)

Thanks a lot by the way for your help.

No probs.
Its best to check how much the card really costs in shops though before bidding on ebay because sometimes people are cheated into paying more...

As for paying, I don't want you to pay to much, because you might find that after buying the card and plugging it up, this is not the prob, and turns out to be the processor being too slow.
Though it should cope with a good video card to back it up, since video encoding does use it.

Happy bidding!

Back
Top Bottom