Takes too long to enter the welcome screen

I'm not sure if this will help but it will increase your system boot. Start notepad and type this.

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=
"Microsoft Windows XP *insert Home or Professional here*" /fastdetect /noguiboot

"Save as" this file to your root drive and name it "boot.ini" and make sure you save it as All Files. This will disable to boot screen. (The part before it goes slow for you) This may not help you exactly but it will speed up the boot speed nonetheless. Also if you want to switch it back just delete the /nogui part of the code. Make sure you back up your boot.ini file before you do this in case you make a mistake.

dont use microsoft anti-spyware!!! its from microsoft~!!!!!lol
use adaware se personal edition and or spybot searh and destroy 1.3!!!!!!

Computergen said:

Ha. Do Microsoft Anti-spyware and Adaware SE use the same definitions? Because they seem awfully similar. If I scan with Adaware and remove everything then Microsoft Anti-spyware doesn't pick it up. And if I scan with Microsoft Anti-Spyware then Adaware doesn't pick anything up. But if I scan with either of them then Spybot still picks things up. Well, I know Spybot uses a different scan style then Adaware or Microsoft Anti-spyware. Anyway yes, I agree, go with Adaware SE.

Computergen said:

its not that bad

Give Microsoft a little while and they will either screw it up or make it great. The real time protection for Microsoft Anti-spyware is pretty good actually. It catches that cool web browser thing all of the time. Just give them a while and it will get better.

True. But if they know there system then how come other firewalls protect it better than their's? Or other browsers work better than their's on their system?

Back
Top Bottom