Graphics Card for FarCry?

supersam

Solid State Member
Hey Guys,

I'm on a IBM P4 1.79GHZ, and i wanna get a good PCI graphics card for my PC. (i dun have a AGP Slot)

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks!

umm... well, except for pci express, i dont think that just a pci graphics card will be good. agp is good. this is a desktop is suppose... but are u sure u dont have an agp? its a little brown slot, at the top of the pci slots and will be off to the side a little bit. if not... i dunno. im sure others will have suggestions... and if not, pm me. as for farcry, how much money do u have? cards range From $30 (less who knows) all the way to $1000+ for the most extreme graphic professionals. But I dunno about just pci. Farcry should be happy with an ati or an nvidia moderate card… meaning like the ati 9550, 9600, 9600, or the x300 or the x600. the x800 or the x850 is the best of ati but the most expenseive. nvidia's 5200, 5500, 6600 and 6800 should handle it well. Hope it helps…

uhhh quadros are for workstations, they dont perform well in games. If you really want to play far cry, i suggest getting a new computer and get an AGP video card. Either one of ATI's higher end cards or Nvidia's 6600GT and above.

I know asking this will sound pretty stupied...but is there any way to convert PCI to AGP?

no there is no way because they run at different speeds. ie. PCI = 1x AGP = 2x/4x/8x.

ownage said:
uhhh quadros are for workstations, they dont perform well in games.

yes yes yes. i kno that, thank u very much. i was saying the types of graphics cards. letting him know whats out there. excuse me, mr. IT pro. ah well. drop it. its cool.

oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you said to get that one. Its all good though.

Back
Top Bottom