Help! Lagy windows XP New installation

nacsracing2741

Beta member
Hello all. I recenty made a new installation of windows on my computer because my old one was very messed up. Now it is Very lagy. Anyone know why? I was thinking maybe because I didnt uninstall my last installation? Thanks for the replys in advance!

so basically you used upgrade instead of full (advanced) right, because if you had done, full, the drive would have been formatted.
if this is the case, then just put in the cd and do a full installation

Alright maybe i do need some help again... i inserted the "reinstallation cd" for windows xp. Then i did a new installation.. but it kept the old files. Its weird because they are hard to find on the computer but I have used them and they are still there. So is there a way to delete the other old installation of xp (preferabally) or just to delete everything?

Please any help would be great and quickly would be to because im supposed to start this within the hour. Thanks

follow these steps-
unscrew hard drive
tkae hard drive out
purchase new hard drive
put new hard drive in :)

nah no need for a new hard drive heres all u do. get a disk formatter or something like that. u insert it in ur cd drive and it deletes all data off ur hard drive or as much as it can. then plop in the windows disc and there install should work fine.

Okay how do i get a disc formatter? Is that the disc that u can make onto 3 1/2's?

Sorry but im not to good on comps so details are great!

Google for a hard drive reformatter. It's important to understand that when you reformat everything goes POOF!!!! Yes, thats correct there is nothing left. NOTHING.

for some reason on my PC windows 2000 gos soooooooooo slow its unbeleiveable my dad took away my new pc so im stuck with
2.4 ghz celeron d
512 mb ram
80 gb hdd
nvidia geforce fx 5500
do u kno y win2000 would go slow

Fragmented files, spyware, viruses, trojrans. Just to name a few. Get Adaware SE Personal.

Back
Top Bottom