what can i do with the command prompt???????

DX-Murphinator

Beta member
im gettin really interested in my computer and im jus wondering what sort of things i could do to my comp. jus by using the command prompt. also how can i do them, instructions would be appreciated since im new, thx.

btw i have windows xp home edition

hey, wussup and welcome to cf. well, for command prompt its like a place where u can tell the computer to do things and it will operate and do the commands as typed. for example, to see what is using my connection right now, i go to command prompt and type "netstat" (without the quotes) and it will give me a list of everything that is accessing my connection and creating noticable usage. more on those commands are here: http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm hope it helps man.

hey man, no problem. your very welcome. thats what cf is here for. of you got anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.

If I want someone's ip I just give them a link to my server and after they click it I just look at the logs...

seriously... netstat is so handy.... i use it to see who ever is using my wireless network for my labtop and whoever is that isnt supposed to be (just for me) then i take their ip and track em down... hehe. and then we have a little talk about hacking into my wep and using my internet... those cheap bastards... yes yes i have wep but they have wep bypassing (i can do it too but im not stupid enough too) and they dont want to spend money... *sigh*

yea my friends paid half and half for their wireless router and got internet off of it from 2 dif apartments in the same building!

Back
Top Bottom