Zoom zoom!

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Finally got my new computer. Had a couple problems with the RAID at first(mostly because I opted not to use a floppy drive) but wow...once I got it built, this thing SCREAMS! Doom 3, Ultra quality(all the default settings there) runs so smooth. LOL, better than my old computer on the lowest settings(at 640x480 if it doesn't select that automatically)

I did have a problem, just a second ago... I was cutting it on and it just set there. I got a quick beep(my processor fan is a bit slow spinning up so it always sets the alarm off) but after that, it never did the post beep. I held the button down, then cut it back on and all seemed fine. *shrugs* hopfully it was a little fluke with the processor fan or something...

nice comp man, looks sweet. love the processor. hope u enjoy it! but then again, i kno u will.

One of my fan does that too. The EasyTune software keep giving me an alarm (which I turned off) that my system fan is turning too slow. My board temp is 25 degrees, ambient temp is at 43 degrees, and CPU is now at 39 degrees despite watching TV on it and Bearshare running in the background. So I don't know what the warning is all about. Everything seem to be cooling just fine. Graphics card is at 53 degrees. No problems at all.

I'm pretty sure mine's just a bit slow. I mean it's max is around 1600 revs... It's a silent cooler, and it certainlly seems to be. I don't hear it over my other fans(which arn't that loud considering the system)

Thanks jac! Hehe, I already love it :D I'll really get some use out of it this weekend when I get everything off my old system and put this one in it's place.

Now all that is left is to run some 3dmarks03 and 05. It looks pretty fast with the Athlon 4000+ and 6800GT. I bet you'll have the highest score here.

Hehe, I'll try those sometime. I suppose I should bask in my glory while I'm the fastest as I know it won't last ;P Plus I'm not one to continually upgrade my computers, as you can probably tell by my old system :p Basically unupdated since 2002

Great system, especially if you can run at Ultra settings :D

As for the fan taking a while to spin up, this isn't good for any processor.
It might be best to get a replacement for this as I'm sure it's not normal for it to do this. I have a Athlon 64 stock fan, and it spins up fully straight away. They only cost about 20-40 quid for a good replacement fan and heatsink which will be cooler, and some quieter too.

This would definetly be my priority if you have such a good system. You don't want to damage it by having the CPU melting onto your motherboard.
It only takes a couple of seconds for it to do it, have you seen that video?
So yeah, by a new one as soon as possible and replace that one :)

Back
Top Bottom