Intel Celeron D

Steven11

BSOD
Hi all,
Are these intel celeron d's any good i an gonna get the fastest i can but i dunno what ones pc world actually do,

So what are your thoughts on these. You can get more Here!!

Thankyou

Steven Gibbons

if i were you, i would get an AMD. How much are you willing to spend on a processor? Even the Athlon XP's are very good. But they are soon to die out.

Well i already have my motherboard it was free from my dads mate and that is the cheapest thing i can find, I dunno hiw good they are but they dont have hyperthreading.

if you already have a mobo, then get a pentium 4, they perform sooooo much better than Celerons. and you might want a northwood pentium 4.

They seem to be fast actually and are built on Prescott cores, though they don't have Hyper threading to maximize performance which Extreme Pentium 4's have,
though this does'nt seem to matter as they can still be faster than Athlon 64's in Video encoding at stock speeds (not overclocked), and are very overclockable.
Though if I had to choose between a Celeron D and a Pentium 4, I'd go for the Pentium 4 (Or pentium 4 Extreme Edition if you can for the hyper threading to help with every day tasks) though the Celeron D's come cheaper, and do have quite alot of power in them, especially since you can force them to work a bit harder quite well I've heard.

Hope this helps

Yeh ok but the p4 extreme editions arent socket 478 and 533mhz bus spped are they??? If they are where from?

Oh lol... this is where I end... I wouldn't know to be honest with Pentium processors

I like Intel but...

Celerons stink. They do not have a L2 cache and the FSB is locked.
Cheap is the keyword here. My Northwood 2.4 p4 chip was $129.00usd. With heatsink and fan.

I'd obviously trust Setishock's word than my own. Though I have heard that they can overclock loads... they can do this without FSB though, and Don't the D versions at all? I thought this was new, and can't be that different if its based on the Prescott core...

Though he's right, I would get a Pentium 4 chip. It'd be more worthwhile

Get a Pentium 4. Celerons don't perform, but that's why they're cheap, obviously. If you're simply looking for budget and what I hesitantly call "decent" performance, go for the Celeron D. If money isn't too much of an issue, even a lower clocked Northwood Pentium 4 will beat the Celeron D in all regards.

Back
Top Bottom