Which slot???

what are you guys on about, stick the god dam ram in any, it dont matter lmao, i know this because i read up on it ages ago by some experts.

The colors make the mobo look colorfull

The colours seperate the sections (a,b), so it does matter where you put RAM for dual chaneling.

For motherboards that support dual channels, if you have one stick of ram it runs in single channel mode. To get dual channel to work you have to have a matched pair of what ever ram you intend to use, like if you bought 2 sticks of 256 or 512, make sure they are the same brand and spec.

You need to install both in the same color slot, like if you put one in the blue slot, put the other in the blue slot. This will make the dual channel activate. If you mix it(one blue, the other green), it will just not be in dual channel mode. If you decide to add more ram you will need another identical pair of ram to go in the two open slots, if you only add one more, it will see the ram but your going to be back to single channel mode.

i've bin looking this up and as andpau99 say's, you match up colours for dual channeling. if you have 2 black and 2 blue slots, only the blue are dual channeling capitable.

Kage said:
In that motherboard, if they are dual channeling RAM (Increased bandwidth on supported RAM when using two)
put one in the green slot, and one in the blue slot, next to each other.

That's exactly how I have mine layed out. Next to each other but different colors for dual channel. Usually next to the the RAM modules, it should say DDR1 or DDR2, etc. If you're using just a single stick, put it in DDR1.

99nasha did say though that it was for two sticks. Answering the question to two sticks? "ya".

I think though 99nasha got a bit confused when it was explained as dual channeling ram i think though, so as long as it is, the colours will matter on this board.
The motherboard must support it to have colours set out like that, as even though it might be trying to be colourful, I don't think this one is

I remember seeing in the manual that diffrent slots did diffrent things, so they are not all the same. I only have one stick, so not to worry untill I get my second

Ive ended up loosing my manual. Thats why I had to see with you guys. This MOBO is priced at £105 but i got it for £72 second hand. Very good deal. Hardly ever been used. I just hope it works.

Yeah thats kewl :)
Oh sorry then. I had a feeling you had two thats all.

Does this mean you've tried the RAM in a slot and it hasn't worked?
If I were you, I'd try it on the top slot as the standard place to put it.

Back
Top Bottom