Takes too long to enter the welcome screen

anggun999

Baseband Member
Hi everybody..!
Everytime i boot my computer, or turn it on, after the boot screen, it takes about 1 minute to enter the login-screen. So, the screen is just empty and I have to wait about 1 minute to type my login-password.
Could you guys help me here...??

hi and welcome to the forums

You can turn that nasty screen off if you want it should speed up.

Start > Settings > Control Pannel > User Accounts

Click on change the way users logon and off then on the next section unselect the Welcome Screen. (You need to be an Admin to do this)

That should make it faster! fingers crossed

Turning off the boot screen won't help, it sounds like you may be infected, will give you a program to get rid of some of the malware.
What browser are you using? If its IE, switch to Firefox its not only
safer, but its faster. I have written instructions on how to speed up
Firefox, so that instead of requesting a download from one server it requests the page from 30 servers, but first lets clean up your computer
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_cleaner.html

hold one, that is not the problem here i don't think, i believe he / she needs to defrag and have a hard drive tidy up!

I see...., I'll try disabling the welcome screen now..., but i dont know if it's because of a virus, coz i scanned it and there was nothing. Btw, Im using avant browser and IE5.. I'll be back soon....

The worms often schedule themselves to be run automatically when you start your operating system; some of them even register themselves to be run when any other application is started, so run the program I gave you to get rid of the infections and worms and tell me what they found, and them run a defrag, an a volume check for errors. [you are not accomplishing anything to run a defrag on an infected computer.]

anggun999 said:
I see...., I'll try disabling the welcome screen now..., but i dont know if it's because of a virus, coz i scanned it and there was nothing. Btw, Im using avant browser and IE5.. I'll be back soon....
What program did you scan it with? Over 25 million use and like Firefox, because its safer and very fast. You will still either need no password on your account (bad idea, and you cannot use RD to connect with a blank password), or use TweakUI or manually set the regkeys (TweakUI is easier) to enable autologon with a password account. Just disabling the Welcome screen won't make the system log straght to desktop. Before you run a defrag, make sure your computer is clean, then run the error checking program to check your volume.

Nothing happened

After i scanned it with the antivirus you suggested me to use, it said that it couldn't open the file in windows/system32/catroot2/edb.chk
i dont know if that's a threat for the computer, but i think the computer is clean, i usually use mcAfee antivirus.
i already checked the disk and defrag it, but no use.
And one thing...., after entering windows( XP), there is this process eating my cpu usage, called: winadm.exe and winadmd.exe
I installed a program called parents friend once, and already had it removed. But this process is killing the cpu everytime i start the computer, so it takes so long too after the welcome-screen.
Any suggestions??

Also, you can get the computer to log straight onto your username. You will need TweakUI, a utility by Microsoft for tweaking your PC, Google for it.

Back
Top Bottom