New pope... what does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just heard about the new pope this morning at work on the radio and the first thing that came out of nearly everyone's mouth were, "Oh god, he'll be pope for a few months and die". (referring to his old age). I think this happened before when a newly appointed Pope. He served for about 33 days and croaked.

This happened after Pope John Paul I (not the II) died... they appointed several popes who died... this guy probably won't last long. They should of picked that one bishop in his 60s.. but what do I care.. the church is always telling me how to live... and telling me i'm going to hell because I do not go by what they say.

Giancarlo said:
This happened after Pope John Paul I (not the II) died... they appointed several popes who died... this guy probably won't last long. They should of picked that one bishop in his 60s.. but what do I care.. the church is always telling me how to live... and telling me i'm going to hell because I do not go by what they say.

That's what we were saying too. Appoint someone younger at least in their 60's.

Great this guy is a little Nazi woot thats what the catholic church needs :rolleyes: His nickname is the pancherfaust cuz he just bulls over people without consideration for them.

A photo of him in his nazi uniform.
041905_ratzinger_young.jpg

041905_pope_benedict5.jpg

LOL Yeah, supposedly he HAD to join the "Hitler Youth" because he could get a discount for the education he needed. Then some key US Jewish groups say that he is perfect for the job and has no signs or Anti-Semitism or anything...huh...like I said, only time will tell...

LOL the world doesnt revolve around gay rights.

Anyways he is already being attacked in the media for having strong beliefs on what is right or wrong. Was watching nightline and they were like oh noes the world is gonna end. He doesnt like feminists and gets mad at cardinals that preach against the words of the bible. Oh noes. They dont even hide that they hate christians on TV anymore. Good thing I rarely listen, read or watch the news anymore since I am totally fed up with it.

Never said it did. I'm just pointing that out. And gay rights is important in the world today as it is 10% of the population that is being mistreated. At any rate, the pope is just going to piss off a lot people.

Well...

If you beleive what you see and hear, then this guys bad news. If I read ya'll take on this guy correctly, then he's about to make a bad sitituation worse.

And they sit over there wondering why Catholics are jumping ship by the truck loads. LOL

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...

I'm done...

I dont think that this Pope will be much different, from John Paul in terms of views. But personality wise, he looks like he will be much different, John Paul was quite flamboyant and made alot of jokes, this guy looks very stern and serious. Also, I cant picture this guy being the Pope for much longer, he is the oldest Pope ever, and thats pretty damn old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom