Huey Helicopters

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
That's what my computers beginning to sound like..... You know, youll be watching Television and when a Huey is in the distance you can begin to hear that thu, thu, thu, thu. Well it's very faint, but none the less, a noise I probly don't want to hear.

What do you guys say of it?

I'm pretty close to introducing this thing to my 500 Smith.

AmericanSensei

Haha, going on gun runs? You hear any explosions in the distance?! :p Yeah, cases these days that are flaunted with tons of fans are just a easier way to make you go deaf :D

my comp's noise is killing me too :), and the bad thing is it keeps on fluctauting, it doesn't stay at a constant noise for me to get used to :(

Well...

Sounds a lot like a case fan is about to bite the big one.
Unplug all fans except the cpu and boot the system up. If the noise is gone it's one of the case fans. One at a time plug them back in till you hear the noise. That's your culprit.
Now having said that if the noise is still heard when you unplug the case fans put a pencil in to the cpu fan just long enough to stop it. If the noise stops it's time for a new cpu fan. And real soon. Failed cpu fans for AMD chips can spell serious trouble. If Intel it just throttles backs or shuts off till it cools down. AMD's blow up. I'm not bashing AMD's that's just the way it is.
Case fans and cpu fans are costing less and less now days with more and more features. Lights, speed controls, blah, blah. Shop carefully.
EDIT:>>>>>>> ON SECOND THOUGHT THIS FIRST...
One last thing to look at is possibley the hard drives though I seriously doubt if this is the case. But a wise person covers his tail with finesse.
Go into the power setting from the screen saver window and set the drives to shut down in 3 mins. Click apply then ok and sit back for 3 mins or so and see if the noise is stopped. If it stops BACK UP that sucker and go shopping for that 300gig you been eyeballing...

Back
Top Bottom