analogue audio connector

Technology1

Solid State Member
i just bought a cd/dvd burner from pioneer and its already installed. i noticed there was connection that i had no idea where it went and what it did. its sound rather self explanatory. Analogue Audio. The instruction booklet states extremely vague info on it. what does it do, do i have to connect it, and where does it go? the connector is very smally and utilized a 3 pin set up.

Just for CD ROMs, capture cards, and some other devices. It's 3 pins with a space between one of them, right(basically 4 pins)

Are you sure it isn't a 4-pin connector? If it's an analog audio connector, there is a audio cable that fits in there to connect to your sound card. What that will do is enable you to listen your CDs from your DVD burner or hear sounds playing your CDs or DVDs. Without it, no sound will come out from the burner.

All I have is a 2-pin and 4-pin connector in which the 4-pin is used for analog sound and the 2-pin is used for digital sound.

OOoohh...it just hit me. Yes, there is a 3 pin audio connector. Kind of rare, basically the same as the 4 pin I was talking about, just much smaller. Runs off the same sources, even can be converted from the more standard 4 pin...

Back
Top Bottom