Power Switch on an Old Dell Motherboard

mtech44

Beta member
I recently came across an old Dell board manufactured right around 99/2000; looks like it came in one of the small desktop versions of the optiplex gx150's. I have a p3 chip for it and wish to install and see if it's a working motherboard. The problem lies in the power switch. As everyone probably already knows HP, Dell, Compaq, Large Corporations, etc. motherboards in OEM systems have a crazy power connector on the board where everything is wired into one connector. I do not have the original case, nor a schematic to tell me which lines are power switch, reset switch, power LED, HD Led, etc. Does anybody have any suggestions? I went to Dell's site and looked around for a bit; no help. The One port on the board has 33 pins like this ::::::::::.:::::: only with the missing pin on the opposite side. Pin one is in the bottom left hand corner... two in the top left... and so on.

Any Ideas?

I have a GX 150 :)

I had a similar proble, you can try shorting any 2 of the pins on the power connector in logical order.

Their isnt writing on the mobo its self?
Im use to new motherboards having it in small print, I dont know about older ones, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom