GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition 512MB crashes!

DarkDragon7099

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a friend that bought an Alienware Desktop that has a 512MB nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra EE, recently he installed the lastest nVidia drivers and all the games he used to ba able to play crash about 30 minutes after he has started playing. Can anyone help him?

Hi,

I'm afraid we'll need more information than that

What model desktop is it?

Are all the fans working correctly?

Is it all games it happens on? Does it reboot? Freeze? Mess up?

Card mabe too hot, I dont know if Alienware offers watercooling in thier case's. I dont even know if those case's have good air flow.

Hi .hack, welcome to the forums :)

As for it overheating, it could easily be.

Hopefully if that information is posted that I asked, we'll get more information to help.

If it just simply reboots, it could easily be a overheating issue since after about 30 mins it would have got to a full temp, and it happens with every game, so yeah

do NOT use the newest drivers, i would recommned 66.93 dont use the 71.xx they are faulty drivers.

sorry but i use ati. cant help him. i didnt know that there was one card that was 512. hmmmmmmm.... either im out of it or its the sli. no idea. maybe ownage's idea worked. but all i know is that alienware is too expensive. ur friend must be rich.

Rich? maybe, Last LAN party,(last weekend) a friend of a friend asks us to partake in making his pc... ill list the things he bought for us to install... AMD64 FX-55, eVGA 6800GT video card ,Watercoolingkit(forgot name,CPU,GPU,HDDs,Dint install the chipset one), I belive it was a Asus SLi board(SLi for sure), 2×74GB raptors and other extras...
Lets just say I felt inforior, hes 2 or 3years younger than me. I just think hes loaded.

Yeah, the new 71.xx drivers are crap. Use the 66.93 ones...those are way better.

yeha, i think that components are bypassing the games... we need to make more complex game... like half life 3...

Back
Top Bottom