About HDD mounting

[.hack]

Baseband Member
Im making a custom case, I was wondering if it was safe to mount them sideways.
Reason why...
Its easier for air to cool them if heat rise's...
I would only have 3 HDD in this fashion; IDE and 2 RAID.
I want to have a hole on the bottom of the case with a fan pulling air in(120mm), 2(80mm) about 6in above it(right under the HDD's, pushing air againist them).
And if your wondering about what kind of case this is, its wooden, so I need to everything before its made.

FYI, I mean mount them Virticaly, unlike the horizontal standard.

Alot of cases these days have HDD mounted sideways it is perfectly fine and easlier to install them and you can fit more. It's better in my opinion to stack them sideways so it is perfectly safe.

Cool that saves alot of space. old plan needed more room. Im even using paint, creating pic's of componets in cm, iv got most of it mapped out.

One more thing, can the PSU also beside sideways? If i put a vent near the cpu i dont want the psu blocking the air flow to the top

where exactly are you putting the PSU. Are you putting it sideways like the HDD. Sorry I just don't understand.

I want to be putting it sideways above the mobo. its an odd question yes, no pictures to help you out, sorry.

You know how ppl have an exaust fan near the cpu(air cooling) well id be putting a fan to push air thru it upwards and the psu would be out of the way if i mounted it sideways on the right side.

ok would it fit sideways above the mobo or in front. If it's going to be in front don't do it if it is going to be above you could try it. I personally wouldn't put a PSU sideways because I wouldn't trust it to work properly and would maybe overheat and be bad for your whole computers wattage. You could try it but I wouldn't.

ty for your input its been vary helpful, im just unsure about sumthings and anyother input from others will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom