Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tweak

In Runtime
NNNNOOOO!!!! ok...doing a clean up on my comp....getting the dust out and whatnot....took the heatsink off of the CPU, although thats not really what happened.....apparently the thermal grease acted like glue and the CPU was ripped out of the mobo withouth flipping that little rod....what do i do? could i of damaged nething? man this sux....

Update: managed to pull the CPU off of the heatsink, put it back on...and what not....my only worry is that the fact that the CPU was pulled out of the mobo without unlatching it? could that of done any damage? i also got a LITTLE bit...i mean a little bit of thermal grease on the teeth....

well thermal grease on the teeht might not be too good for it (might not taste great either), but provided that u didnt hear any strange cracking noises or what ever taking it off u should be ok... *cross fingers* u might have lifted a little circuitry maybe but if nothing looks too much different then i dont think that u can do anything else really.

That's very odd... You must have some of that sticky stuff as most grease is just goopy, not sticky. Though there are some for small HS's on say chipsets...

Anyway, I agree, you should be fine. Make sure all the pins are still there, make sure nothing's pulled out of place, then just set everything back as it should be.

You want to turn on your system, let it run for a while, then turn it off. The heat from the CPU will loosen the thermal grease and allow you to take it off easier (also try twisting it slowly from side to side when taking it off, DO NOT JUST PULL IT STRAIGHT OUT!).

Back
Top Bottom