Hey, I need help running a program...

Well assure me it probably would work if it installed........

Hmm, thats so weird that you could actually change the disc and it'd install, so really, it can't be that. So in between getting a new disc, you must have done something.

You have XP home, so do you know theres System Restore in Start, All Porgrams, Accessories, System Tools?
Run that if you haven't changed any settings you want to keep before you deleted the program.

Check for a restore point from yesterday before you un-installed the program, or changed the vid card drivers. It'll just mean repeating one of the processes again, but this time don't delete the program and try running it. Because maybe it was just a precaution to uninstall it.

Hope it works. Other than that, I'm stuck i'm afraid, which is why i resulted to a option that might work :(

It would say the device is not ready because you took out the disc so the installer must have froze but it was still reading the disc.
Have you tried pressing shift when you place the cd in? Maybe to stop an autorun, and try not to run any programs in the background just in case. Thats all i can think of extra...

Kage said:
Well assure me it probably would work if it installed........

Hmm, thats so weird that you could actually change the disc and it'd install, so really, it can't be that. So in between getting a new disc, you must have done something.

You have XP home, so do you know theres System Restore in Start, All Porgrams, Accessories, System Tools?
Run that if you haven't changed any settings you want to keep before you deleted the program.

Check for a restore point from yesterday before you un-installed the program, or changed the vid card drivers. It'll just mean repeating one of the processes again, but this time don't delete the program and try running it. Because maybe it was just a precaution to uninstall it.

Hope it works. Other than that, I'm stuck i'm afraid, which is why i resulted to a option that might work :(

It would say the device is not ready because you took out the disc so the installer must have froze but it was still reading the disc.
Have you tried pressing shift when you place the cd in? Maybe to stop an autorun, and try not to run any programs in the background just in case. Thats all i can think of extra...

Ok, I restored my computer to like two days ago, when the game was installed, but the graphics card wasn't. I put the CD in, and it says, "PLAY, readme, and exit".

I click on play, and it says, "Corrupted Installation. Reinstall from original disk."

I uninstall it, and the same problem happens... it freezes when I try to install it.

wtf!

your just fizzled with problems aren't you...

That game seems to be very buggy. Okay, restore back because thats obviously not going to work, and seems to have done more damage than good.

Then...well...I don't know. When you restore back, at least you'll have a graphics driver, and the game will be uninstalled again probably.

Does your cd drive have any troubles with any other cd installations? Or is it just that game?

If you go into safemode after restoring back, you might just be able to try to install the game then (f8 or f12 when booting up, until you get a menu). If its because of interfering programs/drivers, it should run in safemode because not as many programs are loaded, and might install.

I'm sorry I'm just gripping onto straws. I really want to get it working though

Kage said:
your just fizzled with problems aren't you...

That game seems to be very buggy. Okay, restore back because thats obviously not going to work, and seems to have done more damage than good.

Then...well...I don't know. When you restore back, at least you'll have a graphics driver, and the game will be uninstalled again probably.

Does your cd drive have any troubles with any other cd installations? Or is it just that game?

If you go into safemode after restoring back, you might just be able to try to install the game then (f8 or f12 when booting up, until you get a menu). If its because of interfering programs/drivers, it should run in safemode because not as many programs are loaded, and might install.

I'm sorry I'm just gripping onto straws. I really want to get it working though

no, my CD driver doesn't have any problems installing other games..

I'll try the safe mode thing, then I'll get back to you...

Okay. I'm sorry about this :(

I'm just following the steps i'd do if I had your problem, or if i was there sorting it out so I'm hoping it'll all link together and work...

When you do restore though, make sure the new video card drivers are installed again, or you'll have the same prob with that file. I really wish I told you to un-install now before testing it. Sorry about that

ok... another problem

I start the computer up, so I can go to safe mode. I press F12, and this is what comes up:

1. Normal
2. Diskette Drive
3. Hard-disk Drive C:
4. IDE CD-ROM Device

5. System Setup
6. IDE Drive Diagnostics
7. Boot to Utility Partialism

so, how do I get to safe mode?

NOTE: I have a dell w/ windows XP

Ah... there system will probably be different than i'm used to.

I'll try and help though once i research. I guess that it'd be in 3, or 5. If you press one of these, does it load up another menu, that might mention safemode. It should still have one and so you'd think it'd be in one of them.

I'm sorry about this though. You shouldn't have so many problems to run a game! Its just stupid...

Kage said:
Ah... there system will probably be different than i'm used to.

I'll try and help though once i research. I guess that it'd be in 3, or 5. If you press one of these, does it load up another menu, that might mention safemode. It should still have one and so you'd think it'd be in one of them.

I'm sorry about this though. You shouldn't have so many problems to run a game! Its just stupid...

I haven't gone into any of them, because I didn;t want to screw up my computer... I'll just wait until you reply back... so I know what to do for sure...

It sucks having to do this much for a game! I want to return it, but WALMART won't let us... "you opened it, so all you can do is exchange it for the same game..."

WALMART SUCKS!

lol

Back
Top Bottom