Need Webspace...

Phantom8 said:
Get you an old "white box" computer and put 2000 Server on it and run your own stuff like I do... The space you have all depends on your hard drive size.. right now, I have 6GB... but soon to be 80 GB ^_^.

Where would I get somethin like that, I keep hearing stuff on a free program called Apache but I dont know what it is. But if there was a way to host myself all my problems would be gone!

(And I can use 50 gigs, I plan to have over 20 gigs of full anime episodes/movies up and downloadable by the end of the week. That doesn't even cover all of the site or room for future expansion.)

Lol 30 pence i bet.
If its a host on this forum my bet is they are a reseller for scott. And they are just overselling like mad.... 50Gb Unsold space you would be looking at around £20-50 a month on a quality US server, where as a UK server with those specs would probaly be 3 times more than that a month, For a low usage site it dosent matter where the server is locataed geographically, alot of hosts have there server in there bedrooom!
And like camers said 50Gb thats alot, i only use like 55Gb on my PC!
Good luck with the host

Dynamix said:
Lol 30 pence i bet.
If its a host on this forum my bet is they are a reseller for scott. And they are just overselling like mad.... 50Gb Unsold space you would be looking at around £20-50 a month on a quality US server, where as a UK server with those specs would probaly be 3 times more than that a month, For a low usage site it dosent matter where the server is locataed geographically, alot of hosts have there server in there bedrooom!
And like camers said 50Gb thats alot, i only use like 55Gb on my PC!
Good luck with the host
NB:Home servers in 99% of cases will just be real slow and will have a lousy ping etc....... A cheap low end server will only cost you what around $70 www.layeredtech.com if your serious about stuff.

well I guess my only option is to go with my senses and hope I dont get ripped off again. I see no real way around it, besides I had a friend whos really into webmastering (has several sites) help me decide wether I should go with it or not. I trust his experience.

Free...now I know that stuff! I regularily use www.150m.com for free hosted sites. They are always reliable and have never let me down!

As for domain the only thing I can offer is a free .tk domain. Find it at www.tk

heck, i dont trust your mates experience lol. You will get raped. Im giving a rest of the whole hosting for now, so im speaking normaly. But YOU can use 50gb, not your account. thats what im saying. Your really paying for around 5GB. Lol. Be wise and stop going with crackpot kiddie hosts.

Ok enough I only wanted you opinions nothing more, I been nice, I been kind, But STOP BITCHING ME OUT FOR A REASON YOU REALLY HAVE NO SAY ABOUT!

You need to learn how to use the APACHE... "Bedroom servers" are not gonna get you anywhere in hosting. BTW, apache is included in Redhat Distobutions.

Back
Top Bottom