what power supply?

semtex

In Runtime
I'm currently using a 450watt power supply for my machine and i want to add another hard disk. The thing is there's already alot of stuff in there. so with an extra hard disk in there i need a power supply that can support...

4 hdd
2 optical drives
9 80mm fans
4 cold cathodes, running off 2 inverters
4 pci cards,
1 agp card
AMD xp2600

could i stick with the 450 or should i get something more powerful?

semtex said:
I'm currently using a 450watt power supply for my machine and i want to add another hard disk. The thing is there's already alot of stuff in there. so with an extra hard disk in there i need a power supply that can support...

4 hdd
2 optical drives
9 80mm fans
4 cold cathodes, running off 2 inverters
4 pci cards,
1 agp card
AMD xp2600

could i stick with the 450 or should i get something more powerful?

i think ull be fine with 450 watts, but do you have a pic of your pc, id like to see all of that stuff in a case, especially 9 80 mm fans !!!!

Yeah, I'd expect 450 watts to be more than okay.

How loud is your system? Must be cool though

It all depends on how u feel, i personnaly would buy a larger one, maybe approching 600watts!!! If u cud tell us the ratings on ur 12v rail it wud be a big help!!!

...look after the enviroment :p

If semtex is not going to use that much power, there really is no need to do a overhaul of the power supply.. and would just generate more heat than his old one has, which is what he's trying to avoid with all those fans.

Though you can get some good powersupplies that will exuast hot air out of the system, as well as from the powersupply, and if you do want one of these, I'd go for a 500Watt. I definetly wouldn't bother getting something as high as 600watts... hehe thats just a waste of energy...

Hope this guides you :p

it's not too loud with the fans all at their slowest....

4 induction fans at the front behind the bezel (the vent underneith can suck up paper) 2 exhaust on the back, 1 on the side, one on the top, and a 92mm jobbie suspended over the cpu with one of those zalman brackets

ardy89 said:
If u cud tell us the ratings on ur 12v rail it wud be a big help!!!

i'm presuming you mean the readings shown in the bios? it fluctuates from 11.99 up to 12.2, hence i was wondering if a new powersupply was in order

Wow, I'm liking your system! Looks great! :D

Do those bubbles move about on the front? Or is it just a design?

That system must be running cool though. I'm sure they'd be no overheating problems.

As for the power ratings. They do flucuate a bit anyway. Don't know if those ratings are moving about too much though. I wouldn't think so

they're just accrylic tubes with bubbles in, they don't move. Though i am toying with the idea of using hollow tubes filled with water with an air pump. Might be a bit over the top though

Back
Top Bottom