What do you suggest for a gaming pc?

antzsta

Baseband Member
What do you suggest that i would need for a better gaming pc because i want to buy matrix online..but what do you think i would need for most games. i windows xp professional 2002

adm athlon(tm) xp 2000+
1.67ghz
256mb ram

Well the 5200 won't be able to play really new games at high settings with full use of direct-X 9 shaders (for instance, half life 2. Water doesn't show unless you do a switch to Direct x-8 rendering I've heard, though this isn't a problem. It just can't handle them, as the card was made with direct x-9 cabablilities for support of games, yet is too slow to really support them fully)

Though it is fine for games if your not bothered with settings, and will run new games fine.

You might want to update when you want to play newer games though.

Though for normal use, that card is honestly fine for a bit:)

i would recommend AT LEAST 512 MB of RAM and 1Gig will serve you well. The vid card its that bad, but it will have some trouble playing up to date games.

So i would have problem playing matrix online, what vid cards would you suggest for that?

Kage said:
Well the 5200 won't be able to play really new games at high settings with full use of direct-X 9 shaders (for instance, half life 2. Water doesn't show unless you do a switch to Direct x-8 rendering I've heard, though this isn't a problem. It just can't handle them, as the card was made with direct x-9 cabablilities for support of games, yet is too slow to really support them fully)

Though it is fine for games if your not bothered with settings, and will run new games fine.

You might want to update when you want to play newer games though.

Though for normal use, that card is honestly fine for a bit:)
The card plays Half-Life 2 with no problems on medium-low settings. Water settings (For obvious reasons) can't be set too high but I never had any problems viewing any textures when I tested one. The card's HW Direct X is lower though, therefore other textures will not show up in the same way and may or may not detract from the experience. Counter-Strike: Source plays with no problems whatsoever.

The card isn't as bad as people say, but it's no performer. I wouldn't give it very long before it's entirely out-dated.

Back
Top Bottom