Getting no output from mobo

skizzm

Solid State Member
My computer was running fine and I had just purchased Splinter Cell on DVD. I didnt have a DVD drive installed so i borrowed one from a friend and installed it, after the install the computer would start but not boot. There is no output from the mobo at all. I reseated the processor and ram and pulled the jumper on the mobo. Please help i need my computer.

Specs:
-AMD barton 2600+ xp
-Abit Kv7 mobo
-Generic 512 ram
-nVidia fx 5200 vid card
-WD 60 gig HD

The DVD drive i was trying to install is NEC.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

nope

nope ive taken all unecessary power cords out all that is plugged in now is my hard drive and mobo plugs, still no output.

What all did you get into when you where inside? Did you add this drive, or swap out another. Could you of knocked something loose?

Does it just NOT turn on? Like the power is not coming? If so maybe you turned the power supply off in the back by accident, or it blew out.

have power

it has power, but im not getting any output to my mouse, keyboard, or monitor. Like it isnt even booting, just getting power.
I was swapping out my VeloCD burner which i use as my main cd rom for the DVD drive. i only have one drive plugged in.

was the DVD drive set on master or slave. Check that and if your CD burner was master, set the DVD drive on master.

Hmm... Check your internal speaker, make sure it's connected correctly and that you aren't missing any beep codes. I wasn't sure if something's up with your video or not.

still no dice

The original drive was on master the replacement drive was on CSEL at first then i changed it to master. Could this cause problems?

Nah, not like this at least... The worst that SHOULD happen when swapping drives with wrong jumpers is that they don't show up. I have seen them lock computers up, but not before POST

Back
Top Bottom