Making the forums faster

Steven11

BSOD
Hey i think that we can make the forums load faster, I am on 1.1Mpbs and the forum takes ages to load. I found out that it is all to do with all the links at the top and the sponser. The links are not needed on every page they make it slower. Think about them poor old dial up users.

Yeah, i find the more I post, the slower it is.

For example, when I load up the computer part of the forum now, the right scroller decreases in size as its loading more of the page, and I can't scroll all the way down straight away anymore. I'm on a 600K connection (NTL are boosting this to 2MB in a few months for free :D)

yeh but i mean all them s**tty little adverts:
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Computer Hardware » Memory | Servers | Sound Cards | Drives | PSUs | Media | Networking | CPUs | Graphics Cards | Software | [font=verdana,arial,helvetica] Hosting » Shared Hosting | Dedicated Hosting | [/font][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica] Computer Hardware » Monitors | Projectors | Graphics Cards | Ink Cartridges | Used Equipment | Accessories | Cables | [font=verdana,arial,helvetica] Webmasters » Domain Registration | Other | [/font][/font]All of those are not needed

I agree with you on that part. I never clicked on there once. We need to get rid of those. If we need advice, we just post it. That's what everyone's been doing since i've been a member on here.

I'm not suffering from any slowdowns though so Im' glad for that. This site loads fast for me compared to all the other ridiculous forums I've been too. The sigs at other sites really take time to load. That is why this site is so much cleaner and faster. But I do feel we need to get rid of those little links above.

hey, he gets paid for the banner, why not its ADVERTISE.

Leave it how it is, it takes 1 second to load, its perfect.

Back
Top Bottom