laptop sound system

Kage said:
hey! Thats exactly what I posted :( ...

They are the best brands though. Have been making them for ages. Plus Creative has the upper hand by making sound cards as well, so they must know how to make good speakers.

Haha, sorry :p

I'm not annoyed though *smashes the glass in his hand*, jk :p

At least we came to the same discion as each other and settled on those makes, suggesting that they are the best brands to look out for, huh? hehe

p.s. though you have no excuse for posting the same things 9 mins after hehe, it would have been fine a few seconds after...

hehe, I'd like to think so if you said that, especially since your a moderator :p

They are both good,
though the signal to noise ratio of the Logitech = 96 db is actually better than the Creatives = 80 db (decibel) so the sound will be clearer on the Logitech it seems (higher means better). As for the bass response, 40 is okay for a system like that (mine achieves 45).
The other difference is that the Creative has a lower wattage on the sub = 17W compared to 20 on the Logitech so that should be more powerful all in all.
But I'd say they are both about equal to the ear. I guess it all depends on the looks now.

They should both be about the same price too, though I'd go for the Logitech if it's not much more :)

Plus the Logitech has a seperate headphone jack on the unit so you don't have to unplug the whole speaker system from the computer if you wanted to have it quiet

Do you have a specific price range? any specific things that you're looking for?

For a good system you want these qualities:

A good signal to noise ratio (higher is better)
A good bass range on the subwoofer (lower is better)
A tweeter/midrange speaker in one unit if you can find one (adds to a clearer sound)
A good make (Design matters in speakers, as a tiny flaw can send soundwaves the wrong way, distort them and anything else)

Back
Top Bottom