Powerful System, Low Benchmark?

the_person

Baseband Member
hey ppl!
I recently designed my own computer and had it custom built, here are the specs:

AMD Athlon64 3500+
2048 DDR RAM (not sure what type :S)
ATi Radeon X850XT (pci)
200GB HardDrive 72000rpm (S-ATA)
80GB HardDrive 72000rpm (S-ATA)
ASUS A8V-E Deluxe Motherboard PCI-Express
XP Professional

I ran a benchmark test on 3DMark05 and got the following:

5628 3DMarks
3865 CPUMarks

I looked around on the internet and compared them and found that my CPUMarks were very low against less powerful PC's than mine :O I haven't overclocked anything yet because i'm new to all this Benchmarking and Overclocking stuff and have no idea what it means, if someone could help me out it would be great.

i think you have come on here to show of a bit, because i know someone with the same G'card and AMD and they have 512 and they get well over them Marks

'I looked around on the internet and compared them and found that my CPUMarks were very low against less powerful PC's than mine :O'

he did say that though suggesting he might not be showing off :p

Ah sorry, got a bit confused when you said PCI, and realise you mean PCI-Express.

Hmm, I wouldn't know really.
I have the same specs, except for vid card and mem (Radeon 9800 pro, 1024MB RAM) and I get 1500 or something on 3DMark 05.

There is a thread about 3dmark 05 scores on this forum in sticky (at the top) that might give you some ideas :)

3dMark05 gives you lower results than 3dmark03. I'll bet if I ran numbers on 3dMark05, I would get similar results to you.

Ah yeah, thats obviously what hes talking about.

Yeah, 3DMark 05 is more advanced and needs a really really really really excellent system to get close to 10,000 (yours is actually rather good). It uses alot of shaders, direct x 9 code, and a load of polygons which is why this is the case.

3DMark 03 is more for nowadays games, and you'll get an excellent score on that!
as 3DMark 05 is based on what games will be like in about a years time, this is why your system gets a lower mark.

Hope this clears things up

Yeah that is pretty low, becuase with my specs i get a CPUMark of 4838.

make sure you have all the latest drivers

Well 3DMark05 is designed to test the GPU specifically, so 05 would give you a lower score than 03. If you used 03, then your score would easily be 15,000+ area or even way more (since I don't own a X850 XT myself...).

You don't have to feel bad because I got a lower score than you, much lower:

3dMark05 score: 3308
CPU score: 4466

Don't know why it's so low.

Back
Top Bottom